Are you looking for fun and simple thematic centers that you can prep quickly for your preschool classroom? Preschool Pet Centers were created for children ages 4-6 and mature 3 year-olds (looking for a challenge). These centers are sure to keep their interest and will help build important literacy, math and writing (fine-motor) skills. This unit is also great review and practice for children leaving preschool and heading to kindergarten. There are a lot of opportunities to practice extra alphabet and number practice.
This unit includes:
-20 Ready to go centers
-Student instructions to build independence
-Activities in action photos
***CHECK OUT OUR PREVIEW FOR A FREEBIE
Included in this unit:
1. Color the Room with Pets: The boys and girls will search the room for pets. When they find a pet, they will color the matching animal on their printable.
2. Bird Window Craft: The boys and girls will place feathers all over the bird on the adhesive paper to create a beautiful window decoration.
3. Kitty Cat Crown and Tail: The boys and girls will cut and color the car head to a sentence strip. They will tape or tuck the tail to their clothing.
4. Accordion Kitty Craft: The boys and girls will cut out and color the cat. Then, they will fold the paper back and forth like an accordion. Finally, they will glue the pieces together to build the cat.
5. Dog Bone Painting: The boys and girls will use balls and textured dog toys and to create a masterpiece.
6. Kitty Yarn Craft: The boys and girls will cut out a circle for the head, triangles for the ears and heart for the nose. Then, they will wrap the yarn in a spiral fashion and add googly eyes, a nose and whiskers.
7. Hamster Marble Paint: The boys and girls will tape a hamster in the hamster exercise wheel. Then, they will place several marbles in paint and drop them in the ball. Roll the ball in a long tub to paint the hamster.
8. Give a Dog a Bone: Choose a card and identify the number. Place the matching number of bones in the bowl.
9. Pet Store Dramatic Play: Build a pet store in your classroom with some fun materials.
10. Dog Leash: The boys and girls will choose a dog and read the number. Then, they will build the leash the matching length using links.
11. Pet Dough Mats: Choose a card and identify the picture. Roll the dough to build the picture.
12. Build a Collar Number Order: Place the matching number of beads on each collar. Attach the collar to stuffed dogs. Order the dogs from 1-10.
13. Bone Patterns: Choose a card, build the bone using blocks.
14. Build an Aquarium: Cut out the fish bowl and fish. Build the aquarium using a variety of materials.
15. Kitty Colors: Choose a cat and identify the color. Color a cat on the printable to match.
16. Bird Craft: Cut out the cage and bird. Glue the bird to the cage and add feather, eyes and a beak. Glue pipe cleaners over the cage to make bars.
17. Catching ABC’s: The boys and girls will fish for a pet. When, they catch the pet they will read the letter and color, trace or write the matching letter on the printable
18. Alphabet Dig: Use a tweezers to search through dog food for uppercase letter beads. Color the matching letter on the printable and feed the dog.
19. Turtle Dig: Choose a turtle. Identify the shape. Color the matching shape on the printable.
20. Pet Roll and Color: Roll the dice, count the dots. Find the matching number on the printable. Color the pet or place a pet on the matching cage.
Check out More Preschool Hands On Activities:
If you are looking for more ideas for preschool you may like:
(C) Kindergarten Rocks 2016-Present