Are you looking for fun and simple thematic centers that you can prep quickly for your preschool classroom? Preschool May Centers was created for children ages 4-6 and mature 3 year-olds (looking for a challenge). These centers are sure to keep their interest and will help build important literacy, math and writing (fine-motor) skills.
This unit includes:
-20 Ready to go centers
-Student instructions to build independence
-Activities in action photos
The centers include:
1. Barnyard Roll & Color: Roll the dice, identify the number. Find the matching number on the printable. Color the farm animal in the barn to match.
2. Lily Pad Shape Up: The boys and girls will choose a frog and identify the shape. Then, they will find the matching lily pad and use the clip to connect them.
3. Pond Count: Line up the ponds from 1-10. Place the matching number of animals above each pond.
4. Spring Time Rhyming Puzzles: Build the puzzles by matching rhyming words.
5. Frog Build your Name: The boys and girls will cut out the frog and lily pads and practice building their name.
6. Planting a Shape Garden: Choose a shape sign. Then, find all of the matching-shaped vegetables and place them in your garden.
7. Build A Pond: The boys and girls will use a variety of materials to build a pond.
8. Wormy Patterns: Choose a card and identify the pattern. Then, use the pipe cleaners or matching colored dough to complete the pattern.
9. Flyin’ ABC’s Tracing: The boys and girls will build a kite and trace the ABC’s down the tail of the kite.
10. May Seek-N-Find: The boys and girls will search a pond for animals and insects. They will also search a farm and count/write how many animals.
11. Digging up ABC’s: Choose a card and identify the letters. Place the matching carrot letters on the patch of dirt. Then, dig up the carrots and choose a new card.
12. May ABC Search: Color by letters to reveal the mystery letter (G: Garden, P: Pond, W: Worm, L: Lily Pad).
13. Flowering Sounds: Choose a flower and identify the letter in the middle and the sound it makes. Then, identify all of the pictures. Use the bee clothespin to clip the two pictures that make the matching beginning sound.
14. Pony Cards 1-20: The boys and girls will play the card games “War” and “Go Fish” with number cards 1-20.
15. Cow Crown: The boys and girls will make a cow crown complete with a cow head, 4 legs and a tail.
16. Pond Color by Animals: Color the picture by pond animals.
17. Farm Friends Reproducible: The boys and girls will read the book and identify the farm animal on each page. Then, they will trace the animal name.
18. Swatting Flies Ten Frame: The boys and girls will choose a fly swatter ten frame card and identify the number. Then, they will place the matching number of flies on the fly swatter.
19. Roll & Plant a Garden: Roll the dice and count the dots. Find the vegetable with the matching number and plant it in the garden.
20. Piggy Bank Count: The boys and girls will roll the dice and identify the number. Then, they will place the matching number of pennies on the pig.
If you like this you may also like the Bundle (click HERE) to Save Big!