Are you looking for fun and simple thematic centers that you can prep quickly for your preschool classroom? Preschool April Centers was created for children ages 4-6 and mature 3 year-olds (looking for a challenge). These centers are sure to keep their interest and will help build important literacy, math and writing (fine-motor) skills.
This unit includes:
-20 Ready to go centers
-Student instructions to build independence
-Activities in action photos
1. Buggin’ Out with Numbers: Identify the numbers. Place the matching number of stickers on each number.
2. Egg Carton Count: Use the egg carton card to determine how many eggs will go in each egg holder.
3. Butterfly Egg Count: Choose a card. Identify the number on the butterfly. Place the matching number of eggs on the leaf.
4. Swatting Syllables: Identify the picture on the fly. Swat the fly 1-3 times, depending on the number of syllables. Place the fly on the frog with the matching number.
5. Egg Patterns: The boys and girls will choose a card, identify the pattern and use plastic eggs to recreate the pattern.
6. Jelly Bean Shapes: Choose a card. Identify the shape. Use the jelly beans and toothpicks to build the shapes.
7. Peep Pattern: Use a bunny peep to copy the simple AB and ABC patterns.
8. Spring Dough Mats: Build Spring themed objects using dough.
9. Spring Tracing Mini: Use fine-motor skills to trace spring-themed figures and create a mini-book.
10. April Seek-n-Follow Directions: The boys and girls will count the total number of insects. They will also draw lines from vegetables the matching shaped garden.
11. A Bee C’s Bingo: Choose a card and identify the letter. If you have the letter on your hive, use one of the bee counters to cover the letter. Continue until your card is full. If you pull a bear card, clear the hive and start over.
12. April ABC Search: Color by letters to reveal the mystery letter (I: Insects, F: Flowers, N: Nest, U: Umbrella)
13. Bunny Sounds: Choose a bunny and identify the number. Then, find the head, arms, and legs that have pictures with the same numbers (1-10 included).
14. Crackin’ Egg Trace: Choose an egg. Twist the egg to match the letters. Write or trace the letters.
15. Name Nest Crown: The boys and girls will follow multiple step directions to build a name nest crown.
16. Spring Color by Letters: Color the picture by letters.
17. Counting Bugs: Read the book and identify the numbers. Trace the numbers and draw the matching number of bugs in each jar.
18. Roll & Feed Springtime Animals: The boys and girls will roll the dice and count the number of dots. Then, they will use the tweezers to place the matching number of counters/erasers in the mouth of the bunny and frog.
19. Symmetrical Butterfly: Cut out the butterfly. Paint half of the butterfly. Fold it in half. Open it up to reveal a symmetrical butterfly.
20. Bug Puppets: Color the spring scene and bugs. Cut out the bugs and tape them to popsicle sticks. Use the puppets to tell a story.
If you like this you may also like the Bundle (click HERE) to Save Big!
Here are more POSTS from the Preschool Bundle:
Are you looking for more fun hands on preschool activities?