Preschool can be a busy place in the winter months. To keep my preschooler busy, yet learning important academic skills at the same time, we love to work on our January Centers (Snowman and Winter Themed). Each of the Preschool Math and Literacy Centers comes with 20 hands-on activities. Each activity focuses on skills crucial to preschool-aged children (4-6 and mature 3 year-olds). Check out the variety.
1. Snowman Button Match: Match the Alphabet buttons to the correct snowman.
2. Winter Building: The boys and girls will use small blacks to build winter characters.
3. Penguin Roll & Cover: Roll the dice and count the dots. Cover the matching number.
4. Snowflake ABC Match-Up: Choose an large snowflake and identify the uppercase letters. Find the matching lowercase mini-snowflakes and line them up below.
5. Snowflake Catch and Count: Identify the number and place the matching number on snowflakes on the mitten.
6. Snowman Roll and Build: Spin the paperclip, build a snowman.
7. Snowflake Yarn Wrap: Use fine motor skills to wrap snowflake with yarn.
8. Clothesline Patterns: Hang the winter clothesline the line in a matching pattern.
9. Winter Tracing Mini: Use fine-motor skills to trace Winter-themed figures and create a mini-book.
10. Winter Seek-n-Count: Count the total number of winter objects and write the numbers.
11. Steamin’ Hot Cocoa Craft: Students will weave and French fry paper in this cute cocoa craft. Students will also build their name with heart marshmallows.
12. Winter ABC Search: Color by letters to reveal the mystery letter (G: Glove, M: Mitten, S: Snowman, P: Penguin).
13. Snowman Shapes: Choose a shape. Build the snowman to match.
14. Mitten Number Sense: Choose a child and identify the number. Place the mitten with the matching set of objects on the child’s hands.
15. Counting Snow Bucks: Determine how many snow bucks each winter item will cost.
16. Penguin Color by ABC’s: Color the by letters.
17. Polar Animal Counting Book: Count and identify the missing polar animals on each page.
18. Snowman Building Count and Write: Choose a card. Identify the number. Place the matching number of snowmen on the card. Trace the number.
19. Shape Seek-n-Find: Search the jar for shapes. Color the matching shape on the printable.
20. Polar Bear Shape Match-Up: Sort the polar bears by shape.
If you like this you may also like the Bundle (click HERE) to Save Big!
Also check out other preschool winter products (click on the picture):
Here are more POSTS from the Preschool Bundle:
Are you looking for more fun hands on preschool activities?